The 5th ZDHC-CNTAC Conference on Hazardous Chemical Control & Sustainable Manufacturing
Pullman Hotel Shanghai South, No.1 Pubei Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai
China National Textile and Apparel Council(CNTAC) and ZDHC Foundation started their dialogue about hazardous chemicals control in 2012, and in 2016 announced a strategic collaboration to improve chemical management across the textile value chain in China.
Since 2013 CNTAC and ZDHC have also co-hosted the joint conference on hazardous chemicals control which over the years has attracted stakeholders worldwide from global leading brands, key supply chain players,technical institutions, governmental bodies as well as NGOs.
Each year the conference aims to promote consensus and collaborative actions of the hazardous chemicals control and environmental governance in the global textile value chain, and to share best practice and innovation to explore common but differentiated responsibility on hazardous chemicals control and environmental improvement in the textile industry.
CNTAC and ZDHC objectives are to empower positive energy into environmental protection and sustainability. In 2016, over 700 participants from the industry joined in the 4th annual conference.
The conference will be delivered in Chinese or English and has simultaneous translation.
What’s progress and milestone regarding hazardous chemical control after six years of effort?
- Chemical management position in China, environmental protection and the upcoming policy;
- China government’s incentive policy regarding chemical management;
- Are the standards and tools available to push hazardous chemical control?
What’s the Best Practice from the value chain regarding hazardous chemical control?
- ZDHC Signatory Brands’ ZDHC implementation strategy and action;
- ZDHC Signatory Brand’s sourcing strategy which reflect the importance of ZDHC compliance;
- Early Champion’s action---Chemical industry/Textile Industry/Synthetic Leather Industry;
- Technology innovation of chemical management;
What’s the current remained issues and 2018 orientation?
- What worked and what didn’t work until 2017, issues and contradiction;
- Brain storming: Discussion among all stakeholders on potential solutions;
- What should we do in 2018?
The ZDHC-CNTAC Conference is reliant upon sponsors. If you are interested in sponsoring this Conference you can request the sponsorship package and/or further information:
Mr. ZHAIYunpeng,翟云鹏 先生
Project Manager of Office for Social Responsibility of CNTAC
Phone Cell: +86 13910292091
Phone Landline: +86 10 85229735
Aaron Tam has been working in the CSR industry since 1999 at both apparel and electronic sectors. He manages environmental programs at Gap’s supply chain across regions in the last 6 years and actively involves in industry convergence, such as Clean by Design running by Natural Resources Defense Council – the resource efficiency program for fabric mills in China, Sustainable Apparel Coalition’s Higg Index – Facility Environmental Module 3.0 development and engagement with environmental NGO.
- China National Textile and Apparel Council(CNTAC)
- ZDHC Foundation
- Office for Social Responsilibility of CNTAC
- China Textile Inforamtion Center(CTIC)
- Textile Sustainable Manufacturing Coalition(TexSMC)